3rd Gen Coronavirus Update: Hinsdale, IL
During these uncertain times, the health and safety of our clients and employees is our #1 priority. Learn how 3rd Gen is responding to the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here to learn more
3rd Gen Is OPEN FOR BUSINESS And Now Offering Zero-Contact Estimates
Hinsdale House Painters & Painting Contractors Hinsdale IL 2020
Home Painters Hinsdale & Hinsdale Painting Contractors -Yelp 2020
★★★★★ 121 Reviews
House Painters Hinsdale
★★★★★ 30 Reviews
Hinsdale Painting Contractors -Houzz 2022
#1-Rated House Painters in Hinsdale of 2022
Looking for an incredible Hinsdale house painter with a proven track record of quality workmanship? Need a professional painting contractor in Hinsdale or a house painter near Chicago that doesn’t drop the ball when it comes to customer service?
3rd Gen Painting is Hinsdale’s best-rated house painting service with over 79 perfect 5-Star house painting reviews online as of 2020. In our customer’s eyes, our interior and exterior house painters are simply the best that Hinsdale has to offer!
Looking For The Best Dupage Painter Near You?
3rd Gen just launched its newest location this month! 3rd Gen Painters Downers Grove is looking to bring a higher level of house painting to DuPage County neighborhoods (including Hinsdale).
You can trust that our house painting crews have an extensive reference list of happy Hinsdale house painting clients.
- Interior Painting
- Exterior House Painting
- Rotten Wood Replacement and Repair
- Deck Staining and Wood Deck Refinishing
- Drywall contracting and Drywall Repair
- Wood Deck Building and Composite Deck Building
- Certified Lead Paint Removal and Historic Home Prep and Painting
A House Painting Company in Western Springs that Provides Quality Painting Services to Hinsdale
3rd Gen Painting and Remodeling Western Springs IL
4095 Garden Ave Western Springs, IL 60558
Home Page: Hinsdale Painters Near Me
Hours Mon-Sun 8:00am – 7:00pm
Phone (708) 680-6078
A House Painting Contractor in Hinsdale With A Keen Eye for Detail
The owners of 3rd Gen, Andre Kazimierski and Matt Schmidt, know that the key to a quality interior or exterior paint job relies heavily on the planning and prep work long before a coat of paint is applied.
They believe “how you do anything is how you do everything” and that every painting detail counts; from the initial estimate to the final clean up at the end of your house painting project.
The best Chicago painting contractors know that the amount of detail in your actual written painting estimate likely signifies the attention to detail the paint crews will provide during the painting.
That is why Andre and Matt include many of the following often-overlooked painting items in your written price estimate:
#1 Detailed Description of Prep Work Before Painting
Surface prep work is the #1 most important aspect of a quality paint job that lasts and looks amazing. By the same token, the amount of prep work done before painting determines the real value you are getting.
Generally speaking, prep work detailed in your estimate is definitely not one of those “apples to apples” items.
Either prep is specified in your estimate and will get done or prep isn’t specified and won’t be done (without paying more later on).
Painting prep work item examples include:
- Painters will perform an entire pressure wash of exterior surfaces to be painted and will scrub stubborn surface dirt
- Our painters will scrape, sand, and spot prime peeling areas of paint
- Interior painting crew will patch and repair nail pops on drywall of bathroom ceiling
- In addition, painters will caulk surface cracks on painting surface areas after prime coat has set
- 3rd Gen’s carpenters will replace 2×6 section of water-damaged drywall in 1st floor hallway
#2 Paint Brand and Type of Paint Being Used
The quality of paint you use for your painting project has a direct impact on your price budget. Not to mention, a higher quality top coat can help your painting project last for years longer.
Make sure that your painting estimate has the exact brand of the paint being used along with specific product details in writing.
To illustrate the relative value of a paint job further, paying a few dollars more for an exterior paint job that lasts 8 years vs 2 years because the proper prep has been budgeted sounds like a pretty amazing deal to me!
Examples of house paint product points in an estimate:
- The house painting crew will apply 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Pro Classic Interior Enamel Paint on baseboards, door trim, and window trim
- Painters will prime areas of water damage on drywall with 1 full coat of Kilz Stain-Blocking Maximum Bonding Primer to prevent bleed through on the top coat of paint
- Our exterior painters will use Sherwin-Williams 950A Silicon Acrylic Latex Caulk to caulk cracks and prevent future water intrusion behind exterior wood
#3 Paint Color and Paint SHEEN Details
Did you know that each sheen of the same paint product is priced differently?
Case in point, the local Sherwin Williams Paint store in Countryside carries Exterior SuperPaint in both a Satin and Flat finish. The Satin version of the paint is quite a bit more expensive per gallon than the Flat version. This can really add up as the average paint job in Hinsdale typically requires five gallons or more!
Another key point, if the painter has already organized the colors and sheen for each surface in your estimate, you better believe that they run an organized paint crew.
For these reasons, make sure the sheen and colors of the paint is in your house painting estimate. It will likely affect the bottom line by the end of your paint job and save you a headache or two during your paint job.
Sample Paint color and paint sheen items in an estimate:
- Living Room Wall Color- Sherwin Williams Snowbound SW 7004 Interior Eggshell Finish
- Exterior Home Siding Color- Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray HC-168 in Satin Finish
- Full Paint Color Design Consultation and Test Patch (x3) Before Painting Begins to Choose Color. Your nearest Sherwin Williams Paint Store location is 9540 E Ogden Ave. Ask for the store manage Osvaldo or “Oz”. He already has your current paint color choices on file.
#4 Project Timelines, Customer Service, Items and Paint Quality Guarantees
Last but not least, these extremely important items can help ensure that your painting project will be done in a timely manner.
In addition, these items highlight if keeping your home or property clean during and after the paint job is a priority for that particular painting contractor.
As a whole, minimum painting guarantees of 2 years for 1-coat jobs or optional 5 year guarantees for multi-coat paint jobs are the standard in the painting industry.
Painting Timeline, Customer Service, and Guarantee items include:
- We will perform daily job site clean ups and progress updates (a full cleaning of painting project work area after completion of paint job will be performed as well)
- Our crew manager will perform a final walk through and send a customer survey at the end of your project to ensure satisfaction (project to be completed before March 1st, 2019)
- Two year written warranty will be provided on all labor and materials of exterior house siding and trim surfaces
Lastly, a quick list of remaining questions to ask the painting contractor:
- Do you carry comprehensive liability insurance and full workers’ comp in case a painter gets injured on my property?
- Can you provide references and verified house painting reviews of your past work near Hinsdale or nearby neighborhoods like Oak Park, Western Springs, or La Grange?
- Will I be working with you throughout the entire painting project? (many larger painting companies have dedicated sales people that you don’t hear from again after the initial estimate)
- Do you fully vet your painters and perform background checks?
If your painting contractor in Hinsdale can’t answer these questions with a resounding YES and able to provide proof, you should most certainly look elsewhere or immediately contact a local painter you can trust like 3rd Gen Painting in Western Springs IL.
In conclusion, a home paint job is only as good as the written estimate that came before it. The most savvy homeowners in Hinsdale know the difference is in the (written) details when it comes to interior or exterior house painting.